HID Global has expanded its RFID portfolio for increased efficiency in waste programs and recycling with the addition of the new Bin Tag UHF and Bin Tag HDX.
The new bin tags are water, chemical and shock resistant and fit into the standard DIN 30745 tag nest of most plastic bins. Easy to insert and hard to remove, they can be pre-installed or used for retrofitting existing bins.
Compatible with waste management standards, the bin tags enable city governments, waste removal contractors and their residential and commercial customers to optimize efficiencies in waste management and recycling processes.
HID Global’s complete line of RFID solutions for waste management include:
- The Bin Tag UHF is compliant with EPCglobal-certified UHF Gen 2 readers and modules, and features a small form factor with 512 bits user memory, 96 bits EPC number with anti-collision functionality, fast data rate communication and a large read range for its small size fulfilling DIN 30745.
- The Bin Tag HDX is compliant to existing HDX waste management solutions and is an ideal solution for supplementing existing HDX waste management systems without requiring any changes to the deployed infrastructure. HID Global programs the Bin Tag for immediate use according to customer specifications.
- HID’s Epoxy Disc tags and IN Tags are for encapsulation during bin manufacture or for screw-on application to bins already deployed.
- The Plug Tag is for bins where a small, plug-in form factor is required.
- For large, industrial containers, HID’s InLine product family of on-metal UHF tags are highly robust to screw or weld into place for all waste management applications.